Hello Creative Friends,
I have been slaving over a hot computer working on my series of free workshops, "Does Your Art Have a Big But?," and I have been traveling a bit down the rabbit hole of my creative past. I can't get away from Alice in Wonderland references because I just signed up for that Swap Meet at Just Add Glitter and Stir and it is still in my head.
- Believe that I had to suffer for my art. (Suffering is optional today.)
- Believe that everyone else was an authority on my art. (I had no say.)
- Believe that being a picture framer was as close as I should get to painting pictures. (I really was a picture framer in a past life, just grateful to get to be around some art.)
- Believe that art was spelled with a capital A and I am not on the A-list. (Now I know a lot of A-rtists and they are just people too. A-mazing!)
- Believe that I had nothing to say or write about that anyone wanted to hear. (You know, that could be true, but it shouldn't keep me from saying it.)
It is refreshing to see that I don't think like that person I once was. I do want to honor her for starting me down the path to creativity anyway in spite of her fear and mistaken beliefs.
Now, back to work. I hope some of you will join me for this new series, beginning at 7:00 p.m. CST on Wednesday night. You can sign up here.